Apprentice Machinery Maintenance Technician
Second Shift - Garden City - $21 Per Hour
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting, installations, repairs, fabrications, and performing preventative maintenance on a variety of extrusion presses and other types of manufacturing facility machinery and/or equipment.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the installing, inspecting, and assessing the functionality of production machines needed for continued operations, including routine maintenance and safety checks, and report
machine status updates.
Experience with mechanical presses, press brakes, hydraulics is a plus.
Position requires having a working experience with mechanical presses, press brakes, and hydraulics.
Duties assigned will require physical abilities needed to perform as assigned
including but not limited to extensive standing and/or walking, physical lifting up to 50-75lbs (pounds).
Estimated working responsibilities and duties are approximately:
80% machine repair and maintenance: 20% building repair and maintenance.
1. Must have 1+ years of repair experience including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical components.
2. Possess a working ability to use precision measuring equipment such as measuring tapes, calipers, micrometers, etc.
3. Possess electrical skills required to perform installation, troubleshooting, and repairs to various electrical and mechanical systems.
4. Must have current/up-to-date experience with various mechanical manufacturing equipment in extrusion presses, brake presses, cranes, lift trucks, etc.
5. Possess knowledge of and/or experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems with ability to read, understand directions and/or schematics to perform calculations to specify components.
6. Possess a knowledge of and demonstrate practical applications to all MIOSHA and OSHA Standards.
7. Ability to work in various climate conditions.
8. Experience in identifying components from parts breakdowns.
9. Possess time management skills.
10. Possess a working ability to troubleshoot power transmission components, bearings, belts, cams, etc.
11. Ability to read and understand detailed and complex electrical schematics.
12. Possess the ability to use electrical troubleshooting skills to include a multi-meter, megger tester, amp meter, etc...
13. Ability to read and understand Ladder logic for troubleshooting programmable logic, parametric, and industrial control systems.
14. Possess familiarity with spare parts inventory control systems.
15. MUST possess the ability to work well with others.
1. Must possess and maintain a current and valid Driver's License.
2. Must be over 18-Years Old.
3. Must possess a High School Diploma or State Equivalent.
4. Must be able to lift varying weight up to 75lbs. (pounds).
5. Must be able to work at varying heights and or spaces.
6. Must be able to perform and maintain the physical ability to carry out assigned duties and/or assigned tasks that include but not limited to: walking distances, standing for extended periods of time, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, lifting, etc.
7. Must have basic knowledge and experience with hand tools.
8. Must be able to demonstrate a level of proficiency in both (manufacturing) facility maintenance and various machine repair.
9. Must be able to successfully complete and pass a stringent drug screening and background check.
Pay: $16.00 - $22.00 Per Hour
This is intended to be a Temp-To-Hire Opportunity.
Submit Candidate Resumes to: HR Manager
Schedule a Pre-Placement Job Site interview with HR Manager to determine Start Date and Wage.
Placement should be an experienced Apprentice or Journeyman Level Machinery Maintenance Technician, but is not expected to work totally unsupervised, especially during the early stages of the assignment.
Our placements should possess Mechanical Aptitude, Basic Shop Hand Tools and know how to use them. They should understand Basic Shop Math and have Good Communications Skills, both Written and Oral.
Someone with experience with Machinery Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance is a good fit.
Must be Prompt and Reliable.
Any of the following experience is a big plus and may merit a higher starting wage:
Machine Tool Electrical
Troubleshooting and Repair
Switches: Limit, Proximity, Pressure & Float
Blue Print Reading
Basic Shop Math Skills
Motor Controls and Heaters
Second/Afternoon Shift: Monday through Friday, 3 PM to 11 PM
Saturdays and Sundays, 3 PM to 11 PM, with Overtime when required and expected.
Break: 25 Minute Paid Break, Employees MUST Punch-out if they leave the facility during break and will not be paid.
High School Grad or GED Required
Drug Screen and Background Check Required:
Enhanced Nationwide, NSOPW, 10-Panel Drug Screen With THC, Motor Vehicle Report.
No Violent Crime or Sex Offender Felony Convictions allowed.
Hydraulics, Mechanical, Electrical, (Maintenance and Repair)