Industrial Painter - 1st Shift - Livonia - $17.86 Per Hour
* Note: As A Painter You Must Know All The Duties and Responsibilities of The Machine Operator and Helper Within 1-Year. *
Reports To: Shop Superintendent, Leadman
The Painter’s primary role is to help keep the Shop Flowing, assist as required and Directed to complete assignments on time and in budget.
Follow all company policies and procedures for safety.
Maintain shop floor organization and cleanliness.
Any other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Painter prepares surfaces for painting and finishing; applies undercoats and finish coats using the full range of application methods and materials; mixes and matches paints and finishes.
• Ensure all paint materials are being used in compliance with customer specifications and quality control program
• Proficient with applying paint products and operating paint equipment
• Understand specific requirements for paint application, storage, and disposal
• Proficient at testing and measuring applied paint products
• Assist in loading materials when necessary
• Follow all company policies and procedures for safety
• Maintain inventory or required paint supplies and consumables
• Maintain shop floor organization and cleanliness
• Candidates must have 2+ years of experience with airless paint equipment
• Experience in the construction industry is preferred
• Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively, multi-task, and be a team player
• High School diploma or equivalent, trade school or related experience
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The physical demands described here are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is
regularly required to speak and hear, stand, and sit for long
periods. Vision abilities required include: close vision, distance
vision, color vision, depth perception.
• Use of hands and arms for reaching, feeling, handling.
• Site visits may involve loud noise and exposure to fumes, airborne
particles, and vibration.
First Shift: Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Overtime Policy: Paid over 40-Hours Worked in a week, Sunday through Saturday, at Time and a Half.
Overtime Schedule: 5 AM to 3:30 PM, as required and Directed
Wage: $17.86 Per Hour
*** This is a 90-Day Temp-To-Hire Opportunity! ***
A Pre-Placement Job Site Interview with a possible Demonstration of Painting Skills is required.